|Sakura when all the pieces are showing (except for the petticoat)|
After it was done, it was time to destroy sakuras outfit. Sakuras outfit consisted of 5 parts: undershirt, underskirt, main dress, petticoat and hat. From the bottom of the dress I made a pleated skirt. The hem was tiny bit too short, so I didn't get to place the zipper the way I wanted. The zipper used in the skirt was also from the sakuras outfit. I had to seam rip the ribbon from the bottom. I ended up shortening the skirt from the front side a little. The top of the skirt is finished with bias tape - made from the sakuras outfit~
From the underskirt and undershirt I made all the ruffling. The ruffling actually took the whole underskirt.. and most of the shirt... and If I would do it again I would probably use a tiny bit more fabric. The ruffling was hand stitched to the skirt, which wasn't the wisest way to do it. I should have consumed more time planning the skirt construction, but I just wanted this to be easy outfit, so I didn't.
Sakuras hat was transformed into merokos hat. Though I had to use Sakuras left over fabrics I had saved for several year, since there were no big enough pieces for the brim and I had to make the brim and for that reason I had to make the brim under the hat from two pieces. The hat is fully lined and the lining I used was a leftover from sheryls costume. Ears for the hat were made from fabric I got from my granny, so no money spent there either. The inner part of the ears is fleece that was leftover from some kigurumi I made ages ago. (At times like this I'm happy I have a lot of fabrics stored) There is wire inside the ears to give them shape.
|Sewing lining for the hat.|
|The top being made|
I altered the zippers pull tap a bit with leftover craftfoam and worbla. The pull tab was the coated with wood glue and painted with acrylic paints.
|craftfoam and worbla ready to transform the pull tab...|
The shoes are made from old pair of platform sneakers, which is the reason I had to cover them with fleece before covering them with the red fabric. The buckles are from old shoes I altered for Asuna. The big circle is from camping mattress.
The wig I used for this cosplay was one of the first wigs I ever purchased. I had to straighten it and make the ball curls. The ball curls were made with a lot of glue, seethrough tape and wire. They are not too neat but look decent enough. The number one reason for me to use glue was that I wanted the curls can be taken down if I want to.
The gloves were made the simplest way possible, the same way I made sheryls gloves (link). I also made safety pants, since the skirt is really short. And the socks I already had purchased for daily use before even starting this costume.
And that's all about the costume and how I made it!
|Cats always choose to sleep in the place they are most in your way.|
Oh, and the final results looked like this: