Thursday, November 21, 2019

Asuna Yuuki - School uniform


I have never in my 10 years of cosplaying done school uniform, so it was about time to make one. This was quick and easy cosplay to make. And for the first time I used ready-made pattern (though I had to alter them a bit).  I was debating whether I should make the winter version or the summer version. I ended up making kind of both: I made the shirt according the summer uniform and jacket according to winter uniform. The winter uniform has long sleeved shirt underneath so, it isn't 100% match with short sleeved shirt, but it's good enough for me.

I had already most of the fabrics and other accessories needed to finish this costume. I only had to buy zipper and fashion fabric for the skirt and jacket. The jacket and skirt are cotton with polyester lining. The material of the shirt is most likely polyester, but because I used old fabric I had, I can't say for sure.


materials for the jacket and skirt
jacket. The jacket was easy to make. I added interfacing to the collar, sewed all the pieces together added satin ribbon details and added interfacing. Then all there was left to do was to make buttonholes and sew buttons and the jacket was done.

Here's how the cut pieces of fashion fabric looked like

Ironing side seams 

Jacket without sleeves and lining
sleeves need stripes
Lining pieces for the jacket
Finished jacket with the shirt.

skirt. I made the patterns for the skirt myself. The skirt is fully lined. The skirt is basically made out of many rectangles. There is a zipper on the size and the buttons on the front are just for decoration.
skirt pieces
shirt. For the shirt I had pattern, so I saved myself from making those. The fabric I used was quite sheer, so I used two layers of fabric for the upper front and back pieces. I had barely enough of fabric, so I made the shirt about 5 cm shorter than I would have otherwise.
There was interfacing added to the collar and couple of decoration ribbons. At this point the collar looked like a Finnish flag.

almost finished shirt
badge. I made two badges, one for the jacket and one for the shirt. I used suede fabric that I painted gold and embroided the gold bird looking details. I think that these badges ended up looking great!


Finished badge to be sewn on the jacket


And here's how the finished outfit looked. I still haven't had proper photoshoot for the costume, so please excuse the quality of the photos.





No comments:

Post a Comment