Monday, April 8, 2013

Because Luka is AWESOME!



Fabrics and other supplies

For two years I dreamed of making Luka's sandplay singing of the dragon outfit and last year I finally made it (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) I'm kinda proud of the finished product but there's still couple things I could fix.. for example adding some tulle to the skirt.. maybe I'll do it in the future  (´ω`★)

So at the beginning of the post you can see where I started from. I used over 12 meters fabric for this outfit and approximately 11 meters of lace and other ribbons. Needless to say it took me a long time to finish this. 



hand sewn embroideries and tiny pearls



I started Luka's costume from the embroideries. And after those I made the skirt part. The skirt was actually really easy to make. But because it had so many layers of ruffles it took some time to actually finish it ~(>_<~)



cutting and sewing and making pattern for the skirt
The bodice was a lot trickier than the skirt. It had more details and I had to be careful not to make any mistakes, because the shiny violet fabric would make every single mistake clearly visible. ☆ ̄(>。☆) There was one seam I remade 4 times, because I wasn't satisfied with how it looked like (sometimes it is hard to be a perfectionist XD) 
I couldn't find any pictures from the dress from behind, so I decided to put a lacing and a big bow in the back of the dress. I also put rigilene boning for the upper part of the outfit. It was my first time using rigilene boning and I have to say I really liked how easy it was to handle. 
making pattern for the lilac part

first prototype- had to alter it a lot 
rigilene boning
Lacing ( and dust and bad lightning)


the magic of petticoat
And after 120 hours the finished product looked something like this :

The dress was ready but I still had to make the headpiece and the gloves and golden chain (or whatever it is called). The headpiece was easy to make, I had earlier bought fake roses and I painted them with red and black fabric colors (they used to be yellow). I glued some pearls (later I was wondering why I didn't sew them). I really don't have anything to say about the gloves. I thought they were harder to make, but they didn't take much time to finish them.



So that was my SandplayLuka. I'll post better pictures of me wearing the dress when I make post about my finished cosplayoutfits! (((o(*゚▽゚*)o)))  

No comments:

Post a Comment